SIRI, tell me more about Artificial Intelligence. Have you totally gotten used to SIRI and Cortana for setting up your alarms and meetings, making a phone call, sending a text or an email, and most importantly seeking information? Let me tell you, these are the byproducts of Artificial Intelligence. These are voice recognition assistants. To give you a more apt example, the auto-brightness feature in your smartphones that automatically adapts itself to your surroundings, or having your websites filled with the ads of the product that you looked up on Amazon; who do you think is making such observations and providing you a more personalized experience. It is not a human, but the AI softwares that are providing you this assistance. These features rely on DeepMind’s machine learning framework designed to predict the user’s actions.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a wide-ranging branch of computer science concerned with building smart machines capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence. AI is an interdisciplinary science with multiple approaches, but advancements in machine learning and deep learning are creating a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the tech industry.
How is AI different from human intelligence?
The answer to this is pretty simple. The human mind cannot work at the speed of computers, but the more significant aspect of the human brain is, that it can think abstractly and come up with new ideas and innovations, the computer lack this feature. More importantly, we should not forget that AI is also a creation of the human brain. Consequently, there are two schools of thought that persist. One, that the complete use of AI will end up getting humans in danger, and two, that AI is designed to help mankind.
Anyhow, we cannot ignore the advancements that are happening in this technology. By 2020 there will be more than 26 billion connected gadgets (gadgets with and without Internet access). Also, Google has decided to make Android development more AI-centric in the coming years. Users expect a great deal of automation from the Android apps they use. Still, integrating AI into apps can be challenging, especially as users expect a seamless user experience.
Benefits of AI
AI is the endeavor to replicate or simulate human intelligence in machines. The simple definition of AI is ‘making the machines intelligent’, but what makes the machines intelligent or how is it any different from conventional programming. The difference is that AI simulates as and when new data is added to its framework. So the programs that use AI allow fewer defects and errors because artificial intelligence is more universal than human intelligence. Smart programs are being developed on the basis of knowledge and research of the mental potential and capabilities of the people themselves, and they are being implemented as built-in intellectual functions in various applications, including mobile ones.
AI can be used to increase sales and margins through technical dynamics by companies operating in the respective fields.
AI helps a lot of platforms to delete publications that are related to terrorism and filter photographs that contain inappropriate content. Advanced AI can be built on the so-called cognitive architecture to facilitate functions such as eyesight, recognition, and generation of speech, making decisions, attention, and other aspects of the mind.
TYPES OF AI
Artificial intelligence generally falls under two broad categories:
Narrow AI: Sometimes referred to as “Weak AI,” this kind of artificial intelligence operates within a limited context and is a simulation of human intelligence. Narrow AI is often focused on performing a single task extremely well and while these machines may seem intelligent, they are operating under far more constraints and limitations than even the most basic human intelligence.
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI): AGI, sometimes referred to as “Strong AI,” is the kind of artificial intelligence we see in the movies. AGI has long been the muse of dystopian science fiction, in which super-intelligent robots overrun humanity, but experts agree it’s not something we need to worry about anytime soon. AGI is a machine with general intelligence and, much like a human being, it can apply that intelligence to solve any problem.
INTEGRATING AI INTO MOBILE APPLICATIONS
The development in AI has created a whole area of possibilities in the mobile application world. AI has already been used in the advancement of many apps. Still, there is a lot of untapped potentials. Users are now looking for a more seamless and personalized experience. Developers, businesses, and users have got a paradigm shift in the way they think about machine learning. Machine learning is working as a catalyst to advance mobile apps.
AI empowers the evolution of apps to intelligent pieces of software that can learn and predict user behavior. With mobile applications, businesses can learn from personal devices while AI can learn from this generated data. The data that AI reads can direct the right ads to potential customers and convert them into successful leads.
With over 5 million apps listed on Apple Store, and Google Play Store, you need something that helps you stand out from the crowd, and AI can make that happen. The use of Artificial Intelligence in mobile applications is growing, as its application, makes a person’s life easier and better, and also economizes the time.
AI TECHNOLOGIES THAT CAN BE USED IN MOBILE APPLICATION
AI is emerging as a guiding angel for most mobile applications. It is believed to have transformed the entire system that operates this industry. With the advancement in this technology, the industry will become more integrated than operating individually, as AI is built on extensive use of the data that is uploaded by millions of users. Listed below are some of the technologies where AI can be integrated with these applications.
- Natural Language Generation (NLG) simply means producing text from computer data. It acts as a translator and converts the computerized data into natural language representation. In this, a conclusion or text is generated on the basis of collected data and input provided by the user. It is offered by such companies as Attivio, Automated Insights, Cambridge Semantics, Digital Reasoning, Lucidworks, Narrative Science, SAS, and Yseop.
- Speech recognition is one such technology that is empowered by AI to add convenience to its users. This new technology has the power to convert voice messages to text. And it also has the ability to recognize an individual based on their voice command. Hence, this AI-powered speech recognition technology gained mammoth importance among tech giants such as Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook, etc. Amazon Echo, Siri, and Google Home are some of the apps and devices that flooded the market with speech recognition features.
- A chatbot is artificial intelligence (AI) software that can simulate a conversation (or a chat) with a user in natural language through messaging applications, websites, mobile apps, or through the telephone. A chatbot is often described as one of the most advanced and promising expressions of interaction between humans and machines. Amazon, Apple, Artificial Solutions, Assist AI, Creative Virtual, Google, IBM, IPsoft, Microsoft, and Satisfi, are some of the companies that provide the software.
- Machine learning makes it conceivable to drive the decision-making processes that are needed to maintain a large number of parameters and data sets that must be analyzed. It is being utilized in all aspects of behavioral biometrics. ML is capable of learning from human behavior and continuously enhancing user profiles that can be used to authenticate sessions or transactions.
- Text analytics and NLP hold the key to unlocking the business value within these huge data sets. NLP is concerned with making the natural language accessible to machines, while text analytics refers to the extraction of useful information from text sources. This technology is currently used for security and fraud detection systems. The most popular ones are Basis Technology, Coveo, Expert System, Indico, Knime, Lexalytics, Linguamatics, Mindbreeze, Sinequa, Stratifyd, and Synapsify.
- Most existing emotion-recognition systems analyze an individual’s facial expression and voice, as well as any words they say or write. More-complex systems also analyze gestures and even take into consideration the surrounding environment along with facial expressions and speech. In the near future, our mood could well be under the watchful eye of gadgets, household appliances, cars, you name it.
- Machine learning platforms based on machine learning can be used in the corporate world for forecasting and classifications. Tech giants like Amazon, Google, Microsoft are using this AI-powered software.
- Image recognition, part of Artificial Intelligence, is another popular trend from gathering momentum nowadays — by 2021, its market is expected to reach almost USD 39 billion. Image recognition is a process of identifying and detecting an object in a digital image, and one of the uses of computer vision. Sometimes it is also called image classification, and it is applied in more and more industries like e-commerce, social media (to verify the content of photographs), and many more.
The benefits of Artificial Intelligence help companies to distinguish themselves from their competitors. Sellers can deliver tailored experiences to each customer. If development continues, artificial intelligence will be a standard feature in apps that developers will use to create predictive and personal e-commerce experiences. AI is the future of mobile app development. Soon, there will be an established ecosystem for these applications, rather than individual operations.
The applications will work together to read data and create intuitive experiences for users. Businesses will also benefit from its capability to mutate and predict user behavior. Artificial Intelligence is revolutionizing the tech industry. AI aims at making computer networks smarter by coordinating all devices, tools, and operations. There obviously is a risk involved with the development of AI. But we all can agree that the development and integration of AI in our everyday lives is thrusting forward