- SoluLab was not involved in the project from scratch. When we joined, the e-charging app was in the active development stage.
- As a part of Turboplus’ core development team, we were responsible for building a set of new features for the e-charging app for iOS and Android. We were also tasked to develop the necessary functionality for the charging station controller.
- Providing an offline connection was quite a challenge. The app features require implementing the controller’s logic via a Bluetooth connection.
Charging stations mapping
Since the app is aimed at simplifying charging an electric vehicle, our experts have developed functionality which locates the nearest charging bay and shows whether it is free.
Work with multiple chargers
The app makes it possible to work with multiple chargers. The SoluLab team has created functionality which allows the user to select a charging point and choose a specific charger.
The app contains a special vehicle's state-of-charge section that allows users to track their car's or bike's real-time charging status and measure energy usage.
Our experts provided users with the ability to control the charging session from the phone to start and stop charging remotely. In addition, the app displays the state of charge, cost of charging, electric energy consumption, and session duration.
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity technology minimizes the energy consumption and saves the phone's battery power. Bluetooth advertising assisted in delivering information from the controller to mobile devices.
SoluLab team had to organize transferring data from the controller to the mobile device. It was done by providing support for two protocols in the controller : MQTT - if the devices communicate over the Internet. Bluetooth connection - if there is no Internet connection.
- Working with the app : Our primary objective was to allow users to control the EV battery charging process with their mobile devices. Besides, we developed functionality for booking a charging station for a particular time.
- Working with controller : Turboplus contracted us to develop functionality for the charging station controller. The company sent us an emulator for this device to complete the task.
“SoluLab team was outstanding in bringing my vision to reality. They built IoT solution Shadecraft Bloom that allows users to interact with their patio furniture in a smart way. The team was flexible enough to accommodate tight deadlines and take calls in the late evening.”
Armen GharabegianFounder / CEO at ShadeCraft
"SoluLab team did full ownership of my smart energy product development. I was a bit afraid of outsourcing my product development to India so I hired a technical consultant from Tesla to monitor coding standards. SoluLab team did a reasonably good job in delivering high quality products in time."
Paul MikkiFounder and CEO of Kadi Energy Company
“When I reached SoluLab, I was vague about what I plan to achieve using IoT. SoluLab team helped me in building the Smart Water solution system using various IoT sensors and industrial design that’s above and beyond my initial expectations.”